Decision Support Tools: Water
A [Metadata] link on any item leads to that item's entry in the Registry of EPA Applications and Databases (READ). READ is an authoritative source of information about EPA application systems and other information sources.
- Better Assessment Science Integrating point and Nonpoint Sources (BASINS) - A multipurpose environmental analysis system for use by regional, state, and local agencies in performing watershed and water quality based studies. This new software makes it possible to quickly assess large amounts of point source and nonpoint source data in a format that is easy to use and understand.
- Rainfall Alert Curves - A rainfall-based alert curve is a statistical relationship between the amount of rainfall at representative rainfall gages in the watershed and the observed bacterial indicator concentration at a specific beach area. A link is not available at this time.
- Consolidated Assessment and Listing Methodology (CALM) - Provides a framework for states and other jurisdictions to document how they collect and use water quality data and information for environmental decision making. The primary purposes of these data analyses are to determine the extent that all waters are attaining water quality standards, to identify waters that are impaired and need to be added to the 303(d) list, and to identify waters that can be removed from the list because they are attaining standards.
- WATERSHEDSS - WATERSHEDSS is a watershed-level, web-based decision support system. (NCSU Water Quality)
- Impacts of Land Use Change on Water Resources - From Purdue University. Addresses both long and short term impacts.