June 29, 2007
- US GEO Near Term Opportunity Plans:
- Air Quality Assessment and Forecast System (PDF) (20pp, 909K)
- Disaster Observations (PDF) (20pp, 795K)
- National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) (PDF) (20pp, 1MB)
June 27, 2007
- Using Technology to Assess Air Quality in the San Joaquin Valley - The San Joaquin Valley project is part of EPA’s Advanced Monitoring Initiative (AMI) that supports GEOSS. This site includes a description of the monitoring and a link to a video about the San Joaquin Valley air quality assessment project.
June 11, 2007
- Integrated Earth Observations: Application to Air Quality and Human Health (PDF) (38 pp, 482 KB, About PDF) - workshop report
May 9, 2007
- Video from GEO III Plenary in Bonn, Germany (November 27-29, 2006) (WMV) (Video, 4 minutes, Windows Media Player Download ) EPA-ORD Assistant Administrator George Gray represented the U.S. Government at GEO III Plenary in Bonn, Germany (November 27-29, 2006).
May 8, 2007
- Development of the U.S. Integrated Earth Observation System: Progress and Recommendations for the Way Forward - Progress Report of the U.S. Group on Earth Observations. March 2007.
- Final Strategic Plan for the U.S. Integrated Earth Observation System
- U.S. - Japan Joint Statement on Energy Security, Clean Development, and Climate Change - April 27, 2007 White House News Release
- 2007 U.S.-EU Summit Statement: Energy Security, Efficiency, and Climate Change - April 30, 2007 White House News Release. We reaffirm our commitment to international cooperation on global observation and will continue to exercise leadership in the development of the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS), including working to strengthen weather observing, climate and air quality monitoring, and forecasting for human health, global disaster preparedness and monitoring, and drought monitoring and forecasting. We encourage participation in the November 30, 2007, Fourth Earth Observation Ministerial in Cape Town, South Africa.