Inorganic Arsenic Meetings & Webinars
UPDATE: NRC releases Interim Report on inorganic arsenic - November 7, 2013.
EPA is announcing a series of public meetings and webinars on the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Toxicological Review of Inorganic Arsenic. These events are designed to inform the planning for EPA’s toxicological review of chronic exposure to inorganic arsenic (iAs) (cancer and non-cancer effects), which EPA intends to post to the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) database.
EPA's IRIS Program is committed to proactively engaging stakeholders, increasing transparency, and using the best available science to develop IRIS assessments. These public meetings offer an ongoing dialogue about IRIS for interested parties and stakeholders. Environmental protection decisions, based in part on EPA's IRIS assessments, can have potentially large impacts on the environment, human health and the economy. Because of this, it is important that EPA benefit from stakeholder and scientific engagement to support the best decisions possible.
- 5/29-30/2013: Third NRC iAs Meeting
- 4/4-5/2013: Second NRC iAs Meeting
- 1/24-25/2013: First NRC iAs Meeting
- 1/8-9/2013: First public meeting on planning and scoping for the development of the IRIS Toxicological Review of Inorganic Arsenic
- 9/2012: First internal EPA meeting on planning and scoping
Arsenic Webinar Series:
- 7/31/2013: Investigations Into its Mode of Action
- 6/26/2013: Environmental Justice
- 5/22/2013: Arsenic and Children’s Neurodevelopment: What is the Literature Telling Us?
- 5/08/2013: Mode of Action of Arsenical Carcinogenesis
- 4/24/2013: Recent Developments in Adverse Outcome Pathway/Mode of Action Analysis
- 4/11/2013: Inorganic Arsenic Exposure and Hypertension: A Focus on Blood Pressure Reactivity
- 3/27/2013: Transplacental Arsenic Carcinogenesis and Stem Cells
- 3/20/2013: Considerations in Assessing Low-Level Exposure to Arsenic in Drinking Water