IRIS Public Meetings
EPA's IRIS Program is committed to proactively engaging stakeholders, increasing transparency, and using the best available science to develop IRIS assessments. These public meetings offer an ongoing dialogue about IRIS for interested parties and stakeholders. Environmental protection decisions, based in part on EPA's IRIS assessments, can have potentially large impacts on the environment, human health and the economy. Because of this, it is important that EPA benefit from stakeholder and scientific engagement to support the best decisions possible.
- 5/29-30: Third NRC inorganic Arsenic Meeting
- Summer/Fall 2013: Systematic Review Workshop - Send us your input! Deadline is May 31st.
- 9/5-6 (tentative): Mouse Lung Tumor Workshop - to discuss available data and interpretation of study results on chemically-induced mouse lung tumors and the relevance of these tumors in mice to human cancer risk. Additional details will be available soon!
- TBD: Hexavalent Chromium Workshop - on factors affecting the reduction and absorption of hexavalent chromium in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Additional details will be available soon!
- 4/2-3: SAB Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee Meeting
- 4/4-5: Second NRC inorganic Arsenic Meeting
- 1/24-25: National Research Council (NRC) hosts the first public workshop for the Review of EPA's IRIS Toxicological Review of Inorganic Arsenic
- 1/8-9/13: IRIS Inorganic Arsenic Public Workshop
- 11/13/12: IRIS Public Stakeholders Meeting
- 12/8-9/10: IRIS Cumulative Risk Assessment of Phthalates Workshop
If you would like to provide additional comments, please use the IRIS Public Meetings Comment & Feedback Form. Please include your full name; company/organization name; title; affiliation; sponsoring organization, if any; email address; and phone number if you want to be contacted.