Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
|IRIS Most Viewed Chemicals||Full List of IRIS Chemicals|
|Acrylamide Arsenic, inorganic Benzene Bisphenol A||Cadmium Chromium (VI) 1,4-Dioxane Formaldehyde||Mercury, elemental Methylmercury (MeHg) Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Silver|
EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is a human health assessment program that evaluates information on health effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants. Through the IRIS Program, EPA provides the highest quality science-based human health assessments to support the Agency's regulatory activities. The IRIS database is web accessible and contains information on more than 550 chemical substances. Learn more.
What's New in IRIS
- 4/17/14: EPA announced the availability of preliminary materials for hexavalent chromium for the June IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting
- 4/16/14: EPA has released a final agenda for the April IRIS bimonthly public meeting (scheduled for April 23, 2014)
- 4/9/14: The EPA SAB staff office announced a correction in the Federal Register regarding the date of the CAAC-Ammonia teleconference, the correct date is June 2, 2014.
- 4/4/14: EPA released an updated agenda for the formaldehyde workshop (scheduled for April 30-May 1) and a draft agenda for the IRIS April bimonthly public meeting (now scheduled for just April 23)
- 3/26/14: EPA’s announced that the formaldehyde workshop is scheduled for April 30 - May 1. Registration is still open and an agenda is available.
- 3/25/14: The EPA SAB staff office rescheduled the meetings of the SAB Chemical Assessment Advisory Committee (CAAC), Augmented for the Reviews of the Draft IRIS Assessments for Trimethylbenzenes and Ammonia.
- 3/13/14: Have general comments and feedback for the IRIS Program? Check out the new general comments docket!
- 3/6/14: EPA announced the availability of preliminary materials for diethyl phthalate (DEP) and hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) for the April IRIS Bimonthly Public Meeting
Recent Final Assessments
- Methanol (09/30/13)
- 1,4-Dioxane (09/20/13)
- Biphenyl (08/27/13)
- Tetrahydrofuran (02/21/12)
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (02/17/12)
Draft Assessments under Review
- Ammonia – Revised (08/28/13)
- Trimethylbenzenes – Revised (08/28/13)
- Benzo[a]pyrene (08/21/13)
- Ethylene Oxide (inhalation cancer) - Revised (07/23/13)
|Recent Additions Basic Information IRIS Calendar IRIS Process A to Z List of IRIS Substances||Advanced Search Compare IRIS Values IRIS Guidance Download IRIS||IRISTrack Site Help & Tools Archived Drafts & Comments Related Links|