TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #SW-48
USEPA, OIL PROGRAM CENTER
ORIGINAL LISTING DATE: OCTOBER 4, 2010
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
Type of Product: Surface Washing Agent
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
923 10th Street PMB101
Floresville, TX 78114
Phone: (830) 393-5293
Web site: www.mdechem.com
(Mr. Paul Sack)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|Imperial Petroleum Inc.
101 NW 1st Street #213
Evansville, IN 47708
Phone: (812) 867-1433
Imperial Petroleum Inc.
PO Box 1006
Evansville, IN 47706
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-flammable (DOT: Non-hazardous)
2. Ventilation: Normal
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: Wear chemically impervious gloves. No other special equipment or clothing is required; however, goggles are recommended. If eye or skin irritation occurs, flush with plenty of water.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 120°F continuous, 140°F up to 5 days
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 35°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 40°F to 120°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: Stable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|Unlimited in sealed drums or totes (as delivered).|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURES|
|1. Application Method: SANDKLENE 950 is most effective in enclosed systems using centrifuges, shearing devices, or similar high speed equipment to process material. Under these conditions, SANDKLENE 950 and water are recycled continuously. In smaller applications on solid surfaces, SANDKLENE 950 may be applied with sprayers using water diluted product directly onto solid oil coated surfaces.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: Oil contaminated sands are placed in an enclosed chamber with a solution of SANDKLENE 950 and water. The concentration of SANDKLENE 950 in water ranges from about 0.15% to about 1.0%. The total volume of solution is 350 gallons per 3 cubic yards of contaminated sand. The mixture is agitated at an elevated temperature in the range of 100°F to 150°F. The actual treatment rate will vary within the recommended range, depending upon the nature of sand, the nature of the oil, and the percentage of oil content.
3. Conditions for Use: The water and oil parts are separated from the sand. The water part is continuously recycled, the oil is recovered, and the sand can be disposed according to federal, state, and local regulations. Dose rates and SANDKLENE 950 concentrations will vary with the type and amount of petroleum present, the extent of weathering, and other site specific conditions, including temperature and time available to let the solution contact the oil.
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >93°C
2. Pour Point: +10°F
3. Viscosity: 3.69 cst @ 40°C
4. Specific Gravity: 1.2806 @60°F
5. pH: 9.4
6. Surface Active Agents: None
7. Solvents: None
8. Additives: None
9. Solubility: Completely soluble
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|