Modeling and Inventories
On this web site can be found support documentation and modeling procedures for the Heavy Duty Engine/Vehicle and Highway Diesel Fuel Final Rule. This page includes, but is not limited to, a modeled estimate for one-hour concentrations of fine particulate matter, ground-level ozone levels in extended time periods, PM emissions as they impact national scale toxics, and diesel fuel requirement.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- December 12, 2000 Summary of Modeled Estimates of 1-hour Concentrations of Ozone for Selected Years (PDF) (23K)
- December 11, 2000 Summary of Model-Adjusted Estimates of Fine Particulate Matter for 2020 Base and Control Cases (PDF) (14K)
- December 6, 2000 Summary of Absolute Modeled and Model-Adjusted Estimates of Fine Particulate Matter for Selected Years (PDF) (16K)
- November 22, 2000 Summary of Model-Adjusted Ambient Concentrations for Certain Levels of Ground-Level Ozone over Prolonged Periods (PDF) (20K)
- November 20, 2000 Summary of Modeled Estimates of 1-hour Concentrations of Ozone for Selected Years (PDF) (35K)
- November 16, 2000 Summary of Current Status of PM10 Nonattainment Areas (PDF) (10K)
- November 15, 2000 Summary of 1999 Ambient Concentrations of Fine Particulate Matter (PDF) (10K)
- November 7, 2000 Reference for Currently Available 1-hour Data and Summary of Current Ambient Concentrations Data for Certain Levels of Ground-Level Ozone over Prolonged Periods (PDF) (11K)
- October 25, 2000 Documentation of the Diesel Exhaust PM Emissions Inventory Used in the National-Scale Toxics Assessment (PDF) (5K)
- October 17, 2000 Memo to Air Docket: Air Quality Analyses to Accompany the Final Rule for Heavy Duty Engine and Vehicle Standards and Highway Diesel Fuel Sulfur Control Requirements (PDF) (393K)
- October 2000 Procedures for Developing Base Year and Future Year Mass and Modeling Inventories for the Heavy-Duty Engine and Vehicle Standards and Highway Diesel Fuel (HDD) Rulemaking (PDF) (254K)
- October 2000 Data Summaries of Base Year and Future Year Mass and Modeling Inventories for Heavy-duty Engine and Vehicle Standards and Highway Diesel Fuel Control Requirements (HDD) Rulemaking Detailed Report (PDF) (28K)
Other Modeling Links: