In-Use Exhaust Deterioration
In-Use Exhaust Deterioration and I/M Benefits of 1981 and Newer Model Year Cars and Trucks: Package of Related Material for Stakeholder Review
This website describes the basic methodology and key issues when comparing the results obtained by MOBILE5 with that of MOBILE6. In-use exhaust deterioration refers to the modeling of vehicle mileage. Material contained on the website was a package of related material released for stakeholder review and comment.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Overview of Methodology for Tier 0 In-Use Deterioration and Key Issues for Comment (M6.EXH.008, posted 5/3/99, EPA420-P-99-016)
- The Determination of Hot Running Emissions from FTP Bag Emissions (M6.STE.002, EPA420-P-99-014)
- Determination of Start Emissions as a Function of Mileage and Soak Time for 1981-1993 Model Year Light-Duty Vehicles (M6.STE.003, EPA420-P-99-015)
- Determination of Running Emissions as a Function of Mileage for 1981-1993 Model Year Light-Duty Cars and Trucks (M6.EXH.001, EPA420-P-99-010)
- Analysis of Emissions Deterioration Using Ohio and Wisconsin IM240 Data (M6.EXH.002, EPA420-P-99-013)
- MOBILE6 Inspection / Maintenance Benefits Methodology for 1981 through 1993 Model Year Light Vehicles (M6.IM.001, EPA420-P-99-007)
- Determination of NOx and HC Basic Emission Rates, OBD and I/M Effects for Tier 1 and Later LDVs and LDTs (M6.EXH.007, EPA420-P-99-009)
- Determination of CO Basic Emission Rates, OBD and I/M Effects for Tier 1 and Later LDVs and LDTs (M6.EXH.009, posted 5/21/99, EPA420-P-99-017)
- Comparison of MOBILE6 Basic Emission Rates for 1981-1993 Model Year Light-Duty Cars and Trucks with FTP and IM240 Data (M6.EXH.010, EPA420-P-99-021)