Fuels and Fuel Additives
E15: Notices & Regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Notices & Regulations
- E15 Registration
- Misfueling Mitigation Plans
- Survey Plan
- Partial waiver for E15 for use in MY2001-2006 light-duty motor vehicles (PDF) (22 pp, 2.7MB, January 26, 2011)
- Fact Sheet: EPA Announces E15 Partial Waiver Decision (PDF) (3 pp, 510K, EPA-420-F-11-003; January 21, 2011)
- Partial waiver for E15 for use in MY2007 and newer light-duty motor vehicles (PDF) (58 pp, 4.6M, published November 4, 2010)
- Extension of Comment Period: Notice (PDF) ( published May 20, 2009) (Can be found at U.S. Government Printing Office)
- Notice of Receipt of Waiver Application (PDF) ( published April 21, 2009) (Can be found at U.S. Government Printing Office)
Final Rule: Regulation To Mitigate the Misfueling of Vehicles and Engines With Gasoline Containing Greater Than Ten Volume Percent Ethanol and Modifications to the Reformulated and Conventional Gasoline Programs
- Fact Sheet: EPA Finalizes Regulations to Mitigate the Potential for Misfueling of Vehicles, Engines and Equipment with E15 (PDF) (3 pp, 170K, EPA-420-F-11-023, June 27, 2011)
- Final Rule (PDF) (45 pp, 991K, published July 25, 2011)
- Summary and Analysis of Comments (PDF) (131 pp, 700K, EPA-420-R-11-006, June 23, 2011)
Proposed Rule: Regulation to Mitigate the Misfueling of Vehicles and Engines with Gasoline Containing Greater than Ten Volume Percent Ethanol and Modifications to the Reformulated and Conventional Gasoline Programs
- Fact Sheet: EPA Announces E15 Partial Waiver Decision and Pump Labeling Proposal (PDF) (5 pp, 530K, October 13, 2010)
- Proposed Rule (PDF) (49 pp, 3.4MB, November 4, 2010)
Petition for New Rulemaking
EPA received a petition requesting a rulemaking to ensure the continued availability of gasoline containing 10 vol% or less ethanol at retail stations for use in vehicles, engines, and nonroad equipment not covered by the E15 partial waivers. EPA denied the petition for reasons discussed in Preamble section III.F.d of the final rule.
- Petition for Rulemaking Under the Clean Air Act to Require the Continued Availability of Gasoline Blends of Less Than or Equal to 10% Ethanol
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.