Bioremediation in the Field Search System (BFSS)
BFSS is a PC-based software product that provides access to a database of information on waste sites in the United States and Canada where bioremediation is being tested or implemented, or has been completed. BFSS allows users to search the database electronically, view data on specific types of bioremediation sites, and print reports of selected information.
BFSS currently provides electronic access to information on over 450 bioremediation sites nationwide and internationally. The database spans both full-scale remediation efforts and treatability and feasibility studies. Data for each site include:
- Location--U.S. EPA region and state, and international province or territory.
- Media--Soil, surface and ground water, sediments, and sludge.
- Contaminants--Wood preserving wastes, petroleum, solvents, pesticides, munitions, and others.
- Treatment technologies--Includes reactor treatments, aerated lagoon treatment, land treatment, composting, air sparging, bioventing, and other in situ treatments.
- Cost and performance--Capital and operation and maintenance costs, rate of contaminant degradation, and lowest contaminant concentration achieved.
Comments may be forwarded to:
United States Environmental Protection Agency
National Risk Management Research Laboratory
Phone: (513) 569-7346
FAX: (513) 569-7585