Research for the 21st Century
EPA is forging a path forward to develop sustainable solutions to the nation's highest priority science needs. Our six integrated research programs provide the scientific foundation, methods, and tools the Agency needs to fulfill its mission of protecting human health and the environment.
|Air Chemical Safety Climate Change Ecosystems Health||Homeland Security Human Health Risk Assessment Land and Waste Management Sustainability Water|
Meet EPA Engineer Paul Lemieux, Ph.D. Paul Lemieux, Ph.D. works on issues related to clean up after chemical/biological/radiological attacks and foreign animal disease outbreaks. Read the interview.
EPA research scientist Christian Daughton is looking at the connection between drug prescriptions and the beauty of the outdoors. "It's a win-win for environment and health care." Read more.
- How can nurses help educate heart patients about air pollution?
- What is the link between air pollution and stroke?
- What do we know about the health impacts of climate change?
- EPA Appoints New Scientific Integrity Official
- EPA Awards $1.65 Million in Research Fellowships to Undergraduates