Transportation and Air Quality
Recent Additions to the Office of Transportation and Air Quality Website
About EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality
Here is a listing of some of the recent additions and new materials available on EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality website. Contact us if you need to:
- Find an EPA Employee by Name or Topic of Interest
- Read Answers to Frequent Questions
- Submit a Comment or a Question
Added March 2014
- March 7, 2014: Certificates that have been voided by EPA for motorcycles and ATVs.
- March 3, 2014: EPA sets cleaner, more efficient vehicle and fuel standards with Tier 3.
Added February 2014
- February 18, 2014: Timeline announced for extending the Heavy-Duty National Program beyond model year 2018.
Added January 2014
- January 31, 2014: EPA has released a new report documenting 3 case studies where EPA’s “Travel Efficiency Assessment Method” (TEAM) was applied to assess the potential regional emission reductions from travel efficiency strategies.
- January 14, 2014: SmartWay webinar: SmartWay Truck Tool Demonstration #1 will take place on Thursday, January 23, 2014, 2:30 PM - 3:30 P.M. EST.
- January 13, 2014: SmartWay webinar: Green Freight Goes Global: Moving Toward a Global Action Plan will take place on Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST.
- January 3, 2014: The SmartWay website has been modified for easier access and a more streamlined organization of information.
Added December 2013
- December 24, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy reviews of the carbon monoxide limited maintenance plans for Manchester Area, the Nashua Area, and part of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire.
- December 20, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM2.5 maintenance plan for Martinsburg-Hagerstown, WV-MD (West Virginia Portion).
- December 19, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM2.5 maintenance plan for Philadelphia-Wilmington PA-NJ-DE (Delaware Portion).
- December 12, 2013: EPA releases annual Fuel Economy Trends Report.
- December 11, 2013: EPA announces grant funding to improve air quality at marine and inland water ports.
- December 11, 2013: EPA is currently conducting adequacy review of the PM10 maintenance plan for Kent, Seattle, and Tacoma, Washington.
- December 3, 2013: EPA and DOE release annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 models.
- December 3, 2013: SmartWay has published the latest TIPS freight movement indicators showing MPG Range for SmartWay Class 8A Fleets, MPG Range for SmartWay Class 8B Fleets, and SmartWay Average Truck MPG by Class.
- December 2, 2013: OTAQ Contacts by Topic list updated.
Added November 2013
- November 27, 2013: EPA has released new guidance provides clarification on how to quantify I/M emission reductions for planning purposes using the MOVES generation of mobile source emission factor models, including a discussion of I/M modeling changes since the previous mobile source emission factor model, MOBILE.
- November 15, 2013: EPA proposes RFS volume standards for 2014.
Added October 2013
- October 24,2013: SmartWay webinar: Shipper Tool Demonstration will take place on Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 01:30 PM - 02:30 PM EST.
- October 22, 2013: EPA announces 2013 SmartWay Excellence Awards!