Biofuels Compendium - Biodiesel - About Biodiesel
These resources provide general information about biodiesel. For more specific biodiesel topics, please visit the biofuels compendium biodiesel page or select a different subject area from the Quick Links menu on the right.
[ DISCLAIMER ]
- Alternative Fuel Driver Training Companion Manual (PDF) (24 pp, 1.4MB, About PDF)
Developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, this training guide includes background information on biodiesel and ethanol as well as guidance on storing, handling, safety, and tank conversion.
- Alternative Fuels Storage Information and Links
Prepared by the Steel Tank Institute, this Web page provides links to alternative fuels storage resources from federal, state, and nongovernment agencies.
- Biofuels: Release Prevention, Environmental Behavior, and Remediation (PDF) (157 pp, 3.5MB, About PDF)
This Interstate Technology Regulatory Council Technical/Regulatory Guidance document covers a broad spectrum of issues about biofuels. Section 1.4.2 offers information about biodiesel.
- Biodiesel Blends for Fueling Diesel Engines (PDF) (2 pp, 130K, About PDF)
Published by University of Missouri Extension in the MU Guide, this article provides an overview of biodiesel, in addition to information on production, storage, and safety.
- Biodiesel Commonly Asked Questions
Developed by the National Biodiesel Board, this fact sheet presents answers to frequently asked questions about biodiesel.
- Biodiesel Facts
This fact sheet, developed by the Iowa Renewable Fuel Association, presents a list of biodiesel facts.
- Biodiesel Handling and Use Guide (PDF) (56 pp, 1.7MB, About PDF)
This comprehensive guide, developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, presents detailed information on health and safety, handling, equipment compatibility, conversion of tanks, and other topics related to biodiesel.
- California Biodiesel Multimedia Evaluation – Final Tier I Report (PDF) (98 pp, 2.4MB, About PDF)
This multimedia assessment provides the state of California with the information needed to allow informed decisions in the impact of biodiesel. Chapters 1, 2, 4, and 8 contain information about biodiesel.
- Clarification of Regulations Applying to Biodiesel-E Stored in Underground Storage Tank Systems (PDF) (3 pp, 44K, About PDF)
Prepared by the California State Water Resources Control Board, this memorandum clarifies state regulations pertaining to storing biodiesel in USTs.
- Fact Sheet: Biodiesel and Underground Storage Tank Systems (PDF) (2 pp, 101KB, About PDF)
This fact sheet, developed by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, provides information on biodiesel and its potential incompatibility with standard UST systems. Steps to be taken prior to conversion of tanks for biodiesel use are outlined.
- The USTs and LUSTs of Biodiesel (PDF) (28 pp, 662K, About PDF)
This article in L.U.S.T.Line, a technical newsletter for UST stakeholders, presents information on the chemical properties, toxicity, emissions, biodegradation, materials compatibility, regulations, and production of biodiesel. (See pages 11-16 and 27)