Biofuels Compendium - Biodiesel - Fate And Transport
These resources provide information regarding the fate and transport of biodiesel-blended fuels. For other biodiesel topics, please visit the biofuels compendium biodiesel page or select a different subject area from the Quick Links menu on the right.
[ DISCLAIMER ]
- Biodegradability, BOD5, COD and Toxicity of Biodiesel Fuels (PDF) (19 pp, 64K, About PDF)
This paper summarizes research conducted at the University of Idaho's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering regarding the biodegradability and toxicity of biodiesel-blended fuels.
- Biofuels: Release Prevention, Environmental Behavior, and Remediation (PDF) (157 pp, 3.5MB, About PDF)
This Interstate Technology Regulatory Council Technical/Regulatory Guidance document covers a broad spectrum of issues about biofuels. Section 3 covers aspects of the fate and transport of biodiesel.
- California Biodiesel Multimedia Evaluation – Final Tier I Report (PDF) (98 pp, 2.4MB, About PDF)
This multimedia assessment provides the state of California with the information needed to allow informed decisions in the impact of biodiesel. Chapters 5 and 6 cover the fate and transport of biodiesel.
- Degradation and Phytotoxicity of Biodiesel Oil (PDF) (53 pp, 972K, About PDF)
This paper presents the results of research conducted at the Institute of Arable Crops Research, comparing biodiesel and diesel impacts on surface water environments. The paper includes extensive discussion of biodiesel biodegradation and fate.
- Environmental and Safety Information (PDF) (1 pg, 22K, About PDF)
This fact sheet, developed by the National Biodiesel Board, presents information on biodiesel's biodegradability, oral and skin toxicity, aquatic toxicity, and flash point.
- The USTs and LUSTs of Biodiesel (PDF) (28 pp, 662K, About PDF)
This article in L.U.S.T.Line, a technical newsletter for underground storage tank (UST) stakeholders, presents information on the chemical properties, toxicity, emissions, biodegradation, materials compatibility, regulations, and production of biodiesel. (See pages 11-16 and 27)
- Toxicology, Biodegradability and Environmental Benefits of Biodiesel (PDF) (5 pp, 13K, About PDF)
This paper presents the results of research conducted at the University of Idaho's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering on the toxicity, biodegradability, and emissions of biodiesel.