Biofuels Compendium - State Information - Iowa
[ DISCLAIMER ]
- Converting Existing Underground Storage Tank (UST) Systems to Ethanol Compatible (PDF) (5 pp, 134K, About PDF)
Prepared by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, this fact sheet provides guidance on equipment compatibility and conversion of underground storage tanks (USTs) for storing ethanol.
- Converting to E-85? It's More Than Just Switching Products (PDF) (8 pp, 695K, About PDF)
Published by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources in DNR Tanks Update, a newsletter for Iowa UST stakeholders, this article outlines several items to consider before converting USTs for E85 use, including compatibility, phase separation, conductivity, and accelerated corrosion. (See page 4)
- Daily Record of Visual Inspection for Incompatible Dispenser Components (PDF) (1 pg, 60K, About PDF)
Iowa Department of Natural Resources requires owners complete this form daily to ensure UST equipment compatibility with ethanol blends.
- E85 Equipment Deadline Extended (PDF) (8 pp, 428K, About PDF)
Published by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources in DNR Tanks Update, a resource for Iowa UST stakeholders, this article discusses Iowa's 2009 deadline for E85 compatible dispensing equipment. (See page 8)
- Letter to Licensed Installers re: Checklist for Storing and Dispensing E-blend Fuels and New UL 971 Standards (PDF) (2 pp, 104K, About PDF)
Prepared by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, this letter presents guidance for Iowa licensed installers of UST equipment regarding new requirements to evaluate systems for ethanol blend compatibility.
- Underground Storage Tank System Checklist for Equipment Compatibility with E-Blend Fuels (Greater Than 10% Ethanol by Volume)(PDF) (4 pp, 30K, About PDF)
Iowa Department of Natural Resources requires completing this form prior to conversion of tanks for ethanol use.