UST Compliance Help
These Web pages provide underground storage tank (UST) owners and operators with compliance information to help meet federal UST regulatory requirements. You may also need to comply with state or local regulatory requirements. (See list of state underground storage tank programs.) On this page, you will find links to various resources that can help you achieve compliance, meet UST requirements, and protect human health and the environment.
- Operating And Maintaining UST Systems: Practical Help And Checklists
A concise guide for UST owners and operators that can help them comply with regulatory requirements and keep their facilities safe and sound.
- Automatic Tank Gauging Systems For Release Detection: Reference Manual For Underground Storage Tank Inspectors.
A guide for UST owners, operators, and inspectors who need information on specific ATGS devices.
- Significant Operational Compliance (SOC) Performance Measures
This is a uniform method for measuring certain aspects of operational compliance in the UST program.
- A Basic Checklist For USTs
A plain language, user-friendly basic checklist for evaluating compliance with most operational requirements for USTs. This checklist is available in PDF format (4 pp, 25K, About PDF) and WordPerfect 6.1 format (5 pp, 33K).
- Model Underground Storage Tank Environmental Results Program Workbook
This model workbook is a tool to help state UST programs and state funds improve owner and operator compliance with UST regulations. States may need to modify the model workbook to reflect their own state laws.
- Site Specific Environmental Results Program (ERP) Workbook Wizard
The wizard is a program to help UST owners and operators check the equipment at their facilities. It is a self-installing program that asks UST owners and operators a series of questions regarding their facilities, and then generates a facility-specific ERP workbook based on the federal regulations. The wizard includes a manager's interface, allowing state UST program managers (or others) to modify the program.
- Publications Related To Underground Storage Tanks
Access publications about USTs and good UST management.
- Best Management Practices For USTs In Indian Country
Owners and operators of underground storage tanks (USTs) on tribal lands must comply with federal UST regulations. EPA developed a series of compliance assistance brochures that provide best management practices to help UST owners and operators in Indian country comply.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can help you understand compliance issues.
- Federal UST Regulations
Read the text of the regulations as it appears in the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Industry Codes And Standards
Although these are not themselves federal regulations, compliance with these standard industry codes of practice is mandated.
- EPA's Small Business Gateway
- EPA's Small Business Ombudsman Home Page
- EPA's Compliance Assistance Centers
- Region, State, Tribal And Local UST Program Contacts
- Compliance Assistance Package
A collection of "tools" to aid you with compliance.
- Meeting UST System Requirements
This section of OUST's Web site provides guidance for UST owners and operators on proper operation of their UST systems.