Fuel Oxygenates: Case Studies, Surveys, & Occurrence
These resources provide general information on oxygenates. Additional resources are available with general information on methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE). For more oxygenate topics, return to the oxygenate main page.
[ DISCLAIMER ]
- Using Phytoremediation to Control Fuel Oxygenate Plumes in Northern Climates 2008.
Prepared by the U.S. Geological Survey, this Web page provides information on work conducted by USGS scientists and their partners on the use of phytoremediation to contain and remediate a subsurface plume of gasoline located on the Flathead Indian Reservation near Ronan, Montana. Links to reports and additional resources are included.
- Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation's Ground Water and Drinking-Water Supply Wells 2006.
Published by the U.S. Geological Survey, this report presents the results of a national assessment of VOCs in ground water, with an emphasis on the occurrence of VOCs in aquifers that are used as an important supply of drinking water.
- California Leaking Underground Fuel Tank (LUFT) Historical Case Analyses (PDF) (63pp, 726K, About PDF) 1995.
Prepared by the California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), the goal of this study is to support the revision of California's leaking underground storage tank (LUST) corrective action process. Analysis of case historical data including information on fate and transport and impacts of releases is presented.
- Characteristics of Gasoline Releases in the Water Table Aquifer of Long Island (PDF) (11pp, 42K, About PDF) 1999.
Prepared by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation with input from EPA, this paper summarizes observations from four gasoline release cases in Long Island.
- Geotracker--Geographic Environmental Information Management System 2008.
Maintained by California's State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), GeoTracker is a geographic information system (GIS) that provides online access to environmental data, including well, tank, and pipeline data from all of California.