- Superfund Home
- Basic Information
- Superfund Sites Where You Live
- Contaminated Media, Human Health, & Environmental Effects
- Accomplishments & Performance Measures
- Cleanup Process
- Community Involvement
- Training & Learning Center
- Laws, Policy & Guidance
- Emergency Response
- Superfund En Español
- Related Links
- Emergency Response and Removal
- Brownfields Program
- Facility Response Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Planning
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Long-term Cleanup by State
- Community information - Progress updates, notification of public meetings and public comment periods, administrative record. Community involvement promotes your participation in the cleanup decisions that directly affect your community health and livelihood.
- National Priorities List (NPL) fact sheets - Overall site status updated yearly.
- Records of Decision (RODs) - RODs are the published agreements on the blueprints of how the cleanup process is done; they may be amended later if needed. One NPL site can have a single ROD that covers everything on the site, or multiple RODs for different sub-areas at the site.
- Five-year reviews - After a cleanup is declared completed, every five years EPA reviews field tests and evaluations against the ROD (as amended) to see if the long-term cleanup process is working as designed.
- Sites with Superfund alternative approach agreements - Some sites could have become NPL sites, but the potentially responsible parties (PRPs) negotiated a faster, non-NPL cleanup plan using the same cleanup requirement. There are only a few of these sites in the Region, and we have fact sheets on their progress.
- NPL map - Use this application to see interactive maps of proposed, final and deleted NPL sites.
|State||Cleanup Sites||NPL fact sheets||Records of Decision (RODs)||Five-year reviews||Sites with Superfund alternative approach agreements|
|Illinois||IL Cleanup sites||IL NPL fact sheets||IL RODs||IL 5-yr reviews||IL Superfund Alternative sites|
|Indiana||IN Cleanup sites||IN NPL fact sheets||IN RODs||IN 5-yr reviews||IN Superfund Alternative sites|
|Michigan||MI Cleanup sites||MI NPL fact sheets||MI RODs||MI 5-yr reviews||MI Superfund Alternative sites|
|Minnesota||MN Cleanup sites||MN NPL fact sheets||MN RODs||MN 5-yr reviews||MN Superfund Alternative sites|
|Ohio||OH Cleanup sites||OH NPL fact sheets||OH RODs||OH 5-yr reviews||OH Superfund Alternative sites|
|Wisconsin||WI Cleanup sites||WI NPL fact sheets||WI RODs||WI 5-yr reviews||WI Superfund Alternative sites|