Binational Toxics Strategy Mercury Workgroup: Understanding Mercury in the Great Lakes Region
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
This page contains links to information useful for members of the Binational Toxics Strategy mercury workgroup, as a background to understanding mercury-- including its health and environmental impacts, its behavior in the environment, and information about mercury levels in fish, including links to fish consumption advice for the Great Lakes Region. In addition, the Binational Toxics Strategy sets goals for reducing emissions and use of mercury; this page includes links to information about emissions and use data.
- Final GLBTS Management Asessment for Mercury (February 2006)
- Environmental Protection Agency information on:
- The Great Lakes Regional Air Pollutant Inventory Development System (RAPIDS)
- Natural Resources Canadahas information about use, import and export of mercury and other metals and minerals.
- The U.S. Geological Survey has information about mercury use, imports and exports.
- Mercury Source Sector Assessment for the Greater Milwaukee Area provides information about mercury sources in an urban area.