- Children's Health Protection
- Environmental Justice
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- IAQ in Homes
- Mold and Moisture
- Carbon Monoxide
- Drinking Water
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Play It Safe: Reduce Your Child's Chances of Pesticide Poisoning
The Healthy Homes Community Initiative (HHCI) is a demonstration pilot where EPA Region 7 partners with environmental, health, and energy organizations in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Partners provide educational information and services to help community members address concerns related to health and the indoor environment. A collaborative approach is used to address the health and environmental concerns within the home.
Components of the initiative include:
- Community Train-the-Trainer Sessions - Sessions are designed to make community members more effective at helping others learn about health and the home environment.
- Outreach at Community Events - Healthy Homes outreach and educational information is provided at neighborhood events.
- Community Presentations - Presentations are given to community leaders, parent groups, and service providers to increase awareness about health and the home environment.
- Media Campaign - Educational and resource information is provided in a clear and concise way so community members know where to seek help or resources associated with health and the home environment.
- HHCI Fact Sheet (PDF) (2 pp, 142K About PDF)
- Steps to a Healthy Home brochure (PDF) (2 pp, 172K About PDF)
- Help Yourself to a Healthy Home booklet en Espaņol (PDF) (59 pp, 5.00MB About PDF)
- Safer Cleaning Resource Guide (PDF) (25 pp., 532K, About PDF)
- Is the Air in Your Home Healthy? (PDF) (1 pg, 314K About PDF)
- Take Action on Indoor Asthma Triggers (PDF) (1 pg, 233K, About PDF)
- Secondhand Smoke and Your Family's Health (PDF) (1 pg, 155K, About PDF)
- Protect Your Home from Radon (PDF) (1 pg, 146K About PDF)
- Winter Wise Your Home (PDF) (1 pg, 269K About PDF)
- Keeping Kids Safe From Sun And Smog (PDF) (1 pg, 179K, About PDF)