Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Region 9 Student Volunteer Program
EPA Region 9 occasionally offers non paid internship/volunteer positions to students. These opportunities are a great way to gain experience with the EPA. A wide range of volunteer projects and opportunities are offered to students in environmental, science, public affairs, and administrative fields of study.
- You must be at least a half time student enrolled at an accredited vocational school, trade school, community college, university, or college. You will need to complete a student verification form that your school must certify.
- Your project or volunteer work experience at EPA must directly relate to your field of study. Once you know your project or work experience duties you will need a letter from a school official or faculty member verifying your project or work duties directly relate to your field of study.
If you are interested in a volunteer position with EPA Region 9
- Submit your resume via email with the subject line “Volunteer Resume” to Philip Kum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Include a brief cover letter that states the following in bullet points:
- Your field of study
- Your areas of interest with the EPA
- How long you intend to volunteer
- Your projected graduation date
Your resume and cover letter will be stored in our Volunteer database, and you will be contacted for an interview via email if a volunteer opportunity matches your field of study and interests. Your resume and cover letter are only used for volunteer consideration and will not be used for any other purpose. If you are seeking a paid position please visit USAJobs or the Region 9 Careers page.
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|