Federal Green Challenge
Federal Green Challenge - Using Your EMS
Coordinate with Your Environmental Management System
You can successfully achieve your Federal Green Challenge goals by following a familiar Plan, Do, Check, Act formula from your You can successfully achieve your Federal Green Challenge goals by following the Plan, Do, Check, Act formula outlined on EPA's Environmental Management System (EMS) website.
- Your work can be seamlessly integrated into your EMS;
- You are getting maximum benefit from your activities;
- You are measuring your outcomes; and
- Your work becomes an integrated part of your operational systems.
Reduce the Government's Environmental Footprint
- Coordinate and align sustainability efforts among Federal agencies
- Enlist co-workers as partners in reducing energy and water consumption and waste generation
- Share ideas and promote cultural change necessary to infuse sustainability into daily practices
- Coordinate activities at least twice each year that implement green practices, educate, and provide a sense of community
- Green Teams - Tools to help you start and maintain your Green Team