Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Pacific Islands Contact Office (PICO) in Honolulu
The EPA 's Pacific Islands Contact Office (PICO) in Honolulu, located at the crossroads of the Pacific, serves as a contact point and liaison between EPA and the State of Hawaii and other Pacific Islands. It provides the public with an access point to the agency’s extensive environmental information resources.
The EPA Press Officer staffing the office provides the connection Hawaii and Pacific area news media uses to link with EPA staff in Pacific Southwest Regional Office and EPA Headquarters. Services provided include, issuing press releases, providing interviews, arranging interviews with San Francisco and other EPA staff, providing background information for environmental news stories and responding to press inquiries.
The PICO office also provides local assistance to the Hawaii and Pacific Island Congressional elected officials and their local offices, by answering questions and meeting with congressional staff on environmental issues. Assistance is also provided to Hawaii state and local elected officials and their staff.
Two of the EPA Regional Water Division staff are also stationed at the office and focus on water related issues specific to Hawaii. The staff at the PICO office conducts outreach to schools, colleges and community groups and participation at environmental events.
- Serves the public, state and local agencies, businesses, and groups interested in the environment, environmental health issues and EPA regulations.
- Provides EPA materials and information to the general public; federal, State of Hawaii, and county government agencies; elected officials; and environmental groups.
- Home to a small EPA library and other environmental information files.
- Serves as a repository for documents involving any EPA Pacific Area hearings or meetings announced with a public notice.
- Provides information on state and local government environmental programs and activities in Hawaii.
Dean Higuchi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: (808) 541-2710
Fax: (808) 541-2712
Pacific Islands Contact Office
U.S. EPA, Region 9
P.O. Box 50003
Honolulu, HI 96850
Location and Office Hours
Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
PJKK Federal Building
300 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 5-152
Honolulu, HI 96850
For More information about EPA's involvement with the Pacific Islands, please see the Pacific Insular Program Web Page
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Pacific SouthwestA-Z Index|