Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
A New Fuel Economy Label For a New Generation Of Cars
EPA announced a major new fuel efficiency milestone at the Tesla facility in Palo Alto.
• News Release, Video and Audio
• Information about the New Labels
• ABC7 News: New Stickers Make Care Shopping Easier
• Business Journal: Roadster Fuel Savings: Scan Before you Buy
Art and Environmentalism
Artists Chris Jordan and Eli Noyes discuss environmental issues, their artistic visions, and upcoming projects.
Greening the Streets of San Francisco
The Newcombe Avenue Model Block Project will replace a nearly 100% impervious streetscape with elements such as permeable pavement, sidewalk landscaping, trees, and stormwater planters.
• San Fancisco Chronicle: Gritty SF Street Turning into Model Block
Bakersfield Students Receive President's Environmental Youth Award
A team of special needs youth is recognized for promoting the use of solar power. The team uses model solar-powered cars, a house, and a Ferris wheel to demonstrate various uses of solar energy.• News Release
• KGET.com: Local Students with Autism Given Presidential Award
EPA Orders Western Environmental, in Mecca, Calif., to Stop Noxious Odors
To protect the local community, including nearby schools, EPA ordered the facility to take immediate action to eliminate the potential health threat.
• News Release
• More Information
• Mercury News: AQMD Issues Violation vs Soil Facility Over Smell
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||News & EventsCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|