Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Superfund is EPA's program to identify, investigate and clean up uncontrolled or abandoned hazardous waste sites throughout the United States.
On this Web site, EPA's Pacific Southwest Region Superfund Program publishes important documents on Superfund sites in the region (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and Pacific Islands).
This information is managed in a database, which provides information by site or document type. Sites may be searched by site name or by location (state and city/county). Site information includes a description, history, progress, contacts, and other information about the site. Document types include administrative records, fact sheets, records of decision (RODs), images, maps, and legal documents.
Information by Site
Site Overviews: This includes, for each Superfund site in the region, a general description of the site, its history, progress, and contacts for more information. For certain sites, additional information is available, including some of the document types listed below.
All cleanup sites by state: From this page, you can view all Region 9 cleanup sites in progress. This list includes RCRA Corrective Action Sites, Brownfields, and more.
Information by Document Type
This information is sorted by document type. The information available here is also available through the "Site Overviews and Information" section above. However, this collection is less comprehensive than above set. Our goal for the future is to provide as much of the frequently sought information as possible.
- Administrative Record Indices: listings of documents that support EPA's major decisions on site cleanups.
- Fact Sheets: newsletters describing important site cleanup milestones. These are provided as attached Portable Document Format (PDF) files, with instructions for using them.
- Records of Decision: the full text of Records of Decision (RODs) for site cleanups.
- Images: photographs and other images of Superfund cleanups.
- Maps: geographic information on contaminants and other aspects of Superfund cleanups.
- Legal Documents: administrative and judicial agreements and administrative orders.
The Superfund Records Center can provide paper copies of releasable documents that are not yet available on the Web. Learn more about requesting a Superfund site file document.
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|