Sign Up to Take the H2Otel Challenge
With independently certified WaterSense labeled products and other best management practices, you can reduce water use and operating costs at your hotel while still ensuring customer satisfaction. Taking the Challenge is easy—all you have to do is ACT (assess, change, and track):
- Assess water use and savings opportunities
- Change products or processes to incorporate best management practices
- Track water–saving progress and achievements
The Challenge is designed for any individual hotel with five rooms or more. Hotel chains and management groups can sign up their individual facilities. All hotels that sign up will benefit from the following free resources:
- Technical resources, including WaterSense's Water Use and Savings Evaluation Tool (WaterUSE Tool)—a spreadsheet designed to help hotel operators and facility managers assess their water use and identify and prioritize best practices to implement.
- Technical and outreach webinars—eight recorded webinars on hotel water-saving topics from 2014 and live webinars starting in June 2015.
- Recognition tools, including a participant logo and a signed certificate of participation.
- Monthly emails with quick tips on how to save water, energy, and operating costs.
- Case studies and lessons learned from other hotels that successfully saved water.
Learn more about the H2Otel Challenge by downloading this flier (2 pg, 3.07MB, About PDF), and please register now for WaterSense’s first "Take the Plunge" welcome webinar of 2015, which will be held on Thursday, February 26, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. WaterSense will introduce new Challenge participants to the resources available to them and will discuss all that’s in store for 2015.
- EPA WaterSense will use the information provided in the sign up form to send periodic emails that relate to the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge.
- The organization will not construe, claim, nor imply that its participation in the EPA WaterSense H2Otel Challenge constitutes federal government (EPA) approval, acceptance, or endorsement of anything other than the organization's commitment to the Challenge.
- No building, facility, nor structure will be WaterSense labeled as a result of this Challenge. Participants agree to utilize the WaterSense program marks and Challenge logo in accordance with the WaterSense Program Mark Guidelines and the Guidelines for Using the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge Marks.
- Participation in the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge does not constitute partnership in the WaterSense program. If additional WaterSense partner categories become available, affected organizations will be asked to apply for partnership in the new category.
- Nothing in this agreement, in and of itself, obligates the EPA to expend appropriations or to enter into any contract, assistance agreement, interagency agreement, or incur other financial obligations that would be inconsistent with Agency budget priorities. The organization agrees not to submit a claim for compensation for services rendered to EPA or any federal agency in connection with any activities it carries out in furtherance of this agreement.