Technical & Outreach Webinars
WaterSense is hosting a series of technical and outreach webinars as part of the H2Otel Challenge.
Please register for our upcoming live webinars using the registration links below or view recordings of our past webinars. You can view all of the webinars, or select a particular subject from below.
- Take the Plunge! Introducing the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge
- Assess, Track, and Realize Payback
- Washing 101: A Plumbing and Laundry Efficiency Primer
- Make a Splash With Outdoor Water Savings
- Demonstrating WaterSense's WaterUSE Tool
- Minimize Water Use in Mechanical/HVAC Systems
Let's Talk About Education and Outreach
July 31, 2014, 2:00–3:30 p.m. Eastern
What's Cooking: Commercial Kitchen Savings
August 21, 2014, 2:00–3:30 p.m. Eastern
The following past H2Otel Challenge webinars have been recorded for your convenience:
- Take the Plunge! Introducing the WaterSense H2Otel Challenge: Learn the basics of the H2Otel Challenge, from taking the pledge and getting a handle on your hotel’s water use to putting best management practices to work for your bottom line. Hotel operators and facility managers will learn how to make the most of EPA’s free resources to ACT: assess, change, and track water use in the hospitality sector.
Assess, Track, and Realize Payback: Learn the seven steps to water management planning: making a commitment; assessing facility water use; setting goals; creating and implementing an action plan; evaluating progress; and recognizing achievements. Rob Morris from Caesars Entertainment describes how assessing water use and implementing projects have saved water and operating costs.
- Guest Speaker: Rob Morris, Corporate Manager, Utilities & Engineering, Caesars Entertainment Corporation
Washing 101: A Plumbing and Laundry Efficiency Primer: Learn operations and maintenance tips, retrofit options, and replacements that can help reduce water use in restrooms, guest rooms, and laundries. Brandon Leister from San Antonio Water System discusses plumbing and laundry projects completed at three local hotels as part of its WaterSaver Hotel program.
- Guest Speaker: Brandon Leister, Conservation Planner, San Antonio Water System
Make a Splash With Outdoor Water Savings: Learn how to design and maintain hotel landscapes to reduce water use and how to manage pools to reduce water loss from evaporation, filter cleaning, mineral buildup, leaks, and splashing. Richard Restuccia from ValleyCrest Companies, Inc. presents a case study on landscape and irrigation improvements at the Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Beach, California, to illustrate how making changes outdoors can result in significant hotel water savings.
- Guest Speaker: Richard Restuccia, Director of Water Management Solutions, ValleyCrest Companies, Inc.
- Demonstrating WaterSense's WaterUSE Tool: Learn how to use WaterSense's Water Use and Savings Evaluation (WaterUSE) Tool and associated Water Assessment Worksheets, which were designed to help hotel operators and facility managers identify and prioritize cost–effective water efficiency projects and best management practices to reduce water and energy use and save money. The webinar also features a discussion about the water use tracking capabilities of ENERGY STAR®'s Portfolio Manager® tool.
- Minimize Water Use in Mechanical/HVAC Systems: Learn how to use water efficiently in cooling towers and steam boilers, optimize chilled water systems, and address equipment that is using single–pass cooling water. Randy Childers from Hyatt Regency Atlanta discusses how his hotel increased its cooling tower cycles of concentration, began using air handler condensate as make–up water, replaced water–cooled equipment with air–cooled models, and implemented other best practices in its mechanical systems.