Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
WaterSense partners can access a variety of tools and resources to help promote their partnership with EPA, as well as the importance of water efficiency.
- Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves and Supporting Documentation
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves Field Study
- Notice of Intent
Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves and Supporting Documentation
On February 7, 2013, EPA issued a Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves. With the announcement of this draft specification, manufacturers, retailers, and distributors that produce or sell commercial pre-rinse spray valves are invited to join the program, provided they manufacture or sell labeled products within one year of signing a partnership agreement with EPA. For more information, please review:
- Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves Cover Letter (PDF) (2 pp, 36K)
- Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves (PDF) (22 pp, 999K)
- Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves Supporting Statement (PDF) (12 pp, 130K)
In addition, EPA is sharing its draft product notification template for commercial pre-rinse spray valves. When EPA releases a final specification for pre-rinse spray valves, using this template, licensed certifying bodies will be required to submit information directly to EPA regarding WaterSense labeled products that have been successfully certified:
On March 20, 2013 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern time, EPA will host a teleconference and webinar with stakeholders to discuss the Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves. Call-in and other meeting information will be emailed to you once you register. Meeting materials will be sent to registered participants via email closer to the meeting date.
- Register if you are interested in attending this meeting.
Interested parties are invited to provide written comments on the Draft Specification for Commercial Pre-Rinse Spray Valves until April 8, 2013. Please send any comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the instructions in the Cover Letter (PDF) (2 pp, 36K) if you are submitting any data that needs to be handled as confidential business information (CBI). All comments, except data claimed as CBI, become a part of the public record.
In order to facilitate the consistency and usefulness of comments received, please submit your comments using the Template for Public Comment Submission (MS Word) (1 pp, 21K) . You may either download and save this document template and directly insert your comments, or attach your comments in your own document, provided that you clearly reference the text/section in question, your recommended changes, and why you think these changes are needed.
Pre-Rinse Spray Valves Field Study
To ensure the efficiency and performance of high-efficiency pre-rinse spray valves before developing a specification, EPA conducted a field study to assess pre-rinse spray valve water use, energy use, and performance. Information regarding the scope and results of the pre-rinse spray valve field study are found below:
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valve Field Study Report (PDF) (136 pp, 1.5MB)
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valve Research Study Scope (PDF) (6 pp, 72K)
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valve Research Needs Meeting Agenda (PDF) (2 pp, 24K)
- Research Needs Meeting Presentation (PDF) (41 pp, 323K)
- Research Needs Meeting Attendee List (PDF) (1 pp, 10K)
Notice of Intent
On July 10, 2009, EPA initiated specification development for commercial pre-rinse spray valves. For further background information, please review the notice of intent to develop a specification for pre-rinse spray valves:
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves Notice of Intent (PDF) (6 pp, 134K)