You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Allmaras, R.R., D.E. Wilkins,O.C. Burnside, and D.J. Mulla. 1997. Agricultural Technology and Adoption of Conservation Practices. In F.J. Pierce and E.J. Sadler (ed.). The State OF Site-Specific Management For Agriculture, pps. 99-158. ASA-CSSA- SSSA, Madison WI.
- Ali, M.B., N.L. Brooks, and R.G. McElroy. 2000. Characteristics of U.S. Wheat Farming: A Snapshot. USDA Economic Research Service, Publication No. 968.
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers. 2002. Definitions and Classifications of Agricultural Field Equipment. ASAE Standard S390.3 JUN01.
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers. 2002. Terminology and Definitions for Agricultural Tillage Implements. ASAE Standard S414.1 DEC98.
- Heilman, G. 1988. Farm. New York: Abbeville Press.
- Hunt, D. 2001. Farm Power and Machinery Management 10th ed. Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press.
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. 1996. Americas Private Land - A Geography of Hope. Program Aid 1548.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service. 1987. A Handbook of Agronomy. Publication Number 424-100.
- John Deere Photo Library, Vols. 1, 2, and 3 (available on CD-ROM, (309) 765-9833).
This information is provided for reference. Over time, links to the items may become unavailable, in these cases the item will remain listed, but no link will be provided.
- A History of American Agriculture 1776-1990, USDA Economic Research Service (PDF) (1 pp, 188K)
- Agricultural Science, CAST Council for Agricultural Science and Technology
- American Farm Bureau
- American Farmland Trust (AFT)
- Bt Corn, Bt Corn and European Corn Borer
- Conservation Tillage, Conservation Technology Information Center
- Corn, KingCorn.org, The Corn Growers Guidebook
- Corn, The National Corn Growers Association
- Cotton, The National Cotton Council of America
- Cotton, The Cotton Pickin Web
- Glossary, A Glossary of Agricultural Terms, Programs and Laws, Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress
- Glossary, Glossary of Agricultural Terms, Pennsylvania Farm Bureau
- Glossary of Forage Terms: Forage Information System, Oregon State University
- Grain Crops, U.S. Grains Council
- Grain Sorghum, National Grain Sorghum Producers
- Hay, The National Hay Association
- Rice, U.S. Rice Producers Association
- Rice, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)
- Small Grains The Internet Source for Small Grain Growers
- Soybeans, The United Soybean Board
- Tractors, The Small Tractor FAQ
- Terminology for Grazing Lands and Grazing Animals
- USDA Economic Research Service (ERS)
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Census of Agriculture
- Value Enhanced Grains
- What is a Farm?
- Wheat, International Grains Council
- Wheat, National Association of Wheat Growers