Environmental Impacts References
- Bartenhagen, Kathryn A., Marjut H. Turner, and Deanna L. Osmond. August
1994. Information from the Water Quality and Land Treatment Education
Component of Water, Soil, and Hydro-Environmental Decision Support System
( WATERSHEDSS ), North Carolina State University Water Quality Group,
- Citizens Pfiesteria Action Commission. November 1997. Final
Report of the Citizens Pfisteria Action Commission, Governor
Harry R. Hughes, Commission Chairman.
- Colburn, T., F.S. vom Saal, and A.M. Soto. 1993. Developmental effects
of endocrine-disrupting chemicals in wildlife and humans. Environmental
Health Prospect, 101:178. Cited in: Shore et al., 1995.
- Crane, S.R., P.W. Westerman, and M.R. Overcash. 1980. Die-off of Fecal
Organisms Following Land Application of Poultry Manure. Journal of
Environmental Quality, 9:531.
- Dazzo, F., P. Smith, and D. Hubbell. 1973. The Influence of Manure Slurry
Irrigation on the Survival of Fecal Organisms in Scranton Fine Sand. Journal
of Environmental Quality, 2:470-473. Cited in: Crane et al., 1980.
- EPA. 1997a. National Water Quality Inventory: 1996 Report to Congress.
- EPA. 1997b. Testimony of Robert Perciasepe, Assistant Administrator,
office of Water, EPA, before the Subcommittee on Human Resources of the
Committee on Government Reform and Oversight, U.S. House of Representatives,
- EPA. 2001. Environmental Assessment of Proposed Revisions to the National
Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Regulation and Effluent Limitations
Guidelines for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations.
- Follett, Ronald R. September 1995. Fate and Transport of Nutrients: Nitrogen.
Working Paper No. 7, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research
Service, Soil-Plant-Nutrient Research Unit, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Gammon, J.R. 1995. An Environmental Assessment of the Streams of Putnam
County, Indiana and Vicinity with Special Emphasis on the Effects of Animal
Feedlots. Department of Biological Sciences, DePauw University, Greencastle,
IN. Cited in: Hoosier Environmental Council, 1997.
- NCSU (North Carolina State University). 1998. Aquatic Botany Laboratory Pfiesteria
piscicida home page.
- Sharpe, R.M., and N.E. Skakkebaek. 1993. Are oestrogens involved in
falling sperm count and disorders of the male reproductive tract?
Lancet, 341:1392. Cited in: Shore et al., 1995.
- USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) Soil Conservation Service. 1992.
National Engineering Handbook: Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook,
Part 651 (210-AWMFH, 4/92), Chapters 4 and 11. Cited in: Casman, 1996.
to Environmental Impacts Menu