- Pollinator Protection
- Literature Review of Contaminants in Livestock and Poultry Manure and Implications for Water Quality (PDF)(137 pp, 1.5MB)
- Farm, Ranch, and Rural Communities Federal Advisory Committee (FRRCC)
- Soil Fumigant Toolbox
- Ag 101
- Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC)
- EPA Supports myRMP
- Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center
- Methane to Markets: Agriculture
- Small Farms Fact Sheet series
- Sign Up for News Service
- EPA Proposals Open for Comment
January 20, 2015
Pesticide News Story: NMFS Issues Final Biological Opinion for Three Pesticides
On January 20, 2015, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) issued its final Biological Opinion concerning the potential effects of the pesticides diflubenzuron, fenbutatin oxide and propargite on federally listed threatened and endangered Pacific salmon and steelhead and their designated critical habitat.
January 9, 2015
New EPA Guidance Would Reduce Use of Lab Animals and Increase Relevant Acute Toxicity Data on Pesticides
In an effort to help expand the acceptance of alternative methods for acute toxicity testing, EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs has released a new draft guidance document. The agency is accepting comments on the draft guidance for 60 days, until March 10, 2015. With the rapid advances in science and continual development of new technologies, the EPA recognizes there is an increasing potential for the use of alternative methods in regulatory risk assessments.
The agency’s goals for alternative testing approaches include:
- assessing a broader range and potentially more human-relevant adverse effects;
- generating and reviewing data more quickly and less expensively; and
- reducing use of laboratory animals in regulatory testing.
January 7, 2015
Farm, Ranch, and Rural Communities Committee (FRRCC); Notice of Meeting
The Farm, Ranch, and Rural Communities Committee will convene on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and will reconvene Thursday, January 22, 2015, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). One public comment period relevant to specific issues being considered by the FRRCC is scheduled for Thursday, January 22, 2015, from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Members of the public who wish to participate during the public comment period are encouraged to pre-register by noon, (Eastern Standard Time), on Monday, January 12, 2015.
Ag Center Topics: