Environmental Benefits Mapping and Analysis Program (BenMAP)
BenMAP - Community Edition
The U.S. EPA is pleased to announce the availability of BenMAP-Community Edition. The software development team redesigned BenMAP from the ground-up as an open source and community-owned tool, using a modern software language (C#) and geographic information system (DotSpatial). We have tried to make the program familiar to BenMAP v4.0 users, while at the same time making operations more intuitive and streamlined.
The installation file and quick start guide may be downloaded from the links below. The BenMAP-CE development team would be grateful to receive feedback from users regarding the ease of installation, user interface, reliability and stability. Among existing BenMAP v4.0 users, we would also be interested in hearing how challenging or easy it was to transition to this new version of the program.
- BenMAP-CE v1.0.8 (488 MB). This is the installation package for the BenMAP-CE program. If you installed a beta version of the program, you will need to uninstall that version and manually remove the BenMAP-CE directory due to substantial changes that have been made to the program since the beta version. You will not need to uninstall BenMAP v4.0, but you will need administrator privileges to install the program successfully. We have tried to design the program so that users without administrative rights will be able to run the program, and we would be very interested in hearing about users' experiences in this regard.
- The BenMAP-CE compatible versions of the
- The BenMAP-CE Quick Start Guide (PDF) (31pp, 2.3 MB). This guide will get you up and running on the new BenMAP-CE. To complete the exercises, you will need to download the BenMAP-CE Quick Start Data Files (zip) (8.4 MB). Note that we expect this guide to evolve over time as we continue improving BenMAP-CE, so check back periodically for new versions. An online manual for BenMAP-CE is currently under development.
- A set of slides that provide an Overview of BenMAP-CE (PowerPoint). (7.8 MB)
- BenMAP-CE 1.0.8 Known Issues (PDF)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. BenMAP-CE is free and open source software, and the source code is available upon request. If you would like a copy of the source code, please send your request to email@example.com and we will provide download instructions.
If you have comments and/or bugs to report, you can either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below. Note that only the name and email address are required. The organization and country information are optional, but help us get a better idea of what international analysts are using the program.