Economic and Other Impacts
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Updated Financial Impact Analysis of a Multipollutant Emissions Policy (PDF, 39pp., 548KB)
Using a variety of models and other analytical tools, EPA has evaluated the compliance costs and related impacts of the emissions caps on affected sources.
The annual compliance costs are projected to be approximately $3.69 billion in 2010 and $6.49 billion in 2020. Related impacts -- including detailed information on pollution control retrofits, factors affecting the installation of controls, marginal costs, electricity prices, average emissions rates, generation, fuel use, and coal production -- are described in the files below.
2003 Technical Support Package for Clear Skies:
- Introduction, Table of Contents, Notes on the 2003 Analysis (PDF, 10 pp., 94KB)
- Section A: 2003 Program Elements in the Clear Skies Act (PDF, 7 pp., 396KB)
- Section B: 2003 Human Health and Environmental Benefits (PDF, 49 pp., 4.7MB)
- Section C: 2003 Projected Costs (PDF, 5 pp., 210KB)
- Section D: 2003 Projected Impacts on Generation and Fuel Use (PDF, 12 pp., 687KB)
- Section E: 2003 Projected Impacts at the State and Regional Level (PDF, 26 pp., 3.4MB)
- Section F: 2003 Allocations (PDF, 7 pp., 100KB)
- Section G: 2003 Factors Affecting the Installation of Control Technologies (PDF, 11 pp., 35KB)
- Section H: 2003 Summary of the Models Used for this Analysis (PDF, 7 pp., 23KB)