SIP Planning Information Toolkit: Related Links
Related sites offering further information and assistance.
- Air Toxics Website - The Air Toxics Web site provides a list of source categories, technology requirements for toxic air pollutants, rules, and implementation tools (eg. checklists, brochures) to help comply with established standards.
- Clearinghouse for Inventories and Emission Factors (CHIEF) - This site links to data on information on emissions inventories, factors, modeling, and a monitoring knowledge base.
- RACT/BACT/LAER Clearinghouse (RBLC) - The RBLC data base contains case-specific information on the "Best Available" air pollution technologies that have been required to reduce the emission of air pollutants from stationary sources (e.g., power plants, steel mills, chemical plants, etc.). The information is provided by State and local permitting agencies. The terms "RACT," "BACT," and "LAER" are acronyms for different program requirements under EPA's New Source Review program. RACT = Reasonably Available Conrtrol Technology, BACT = Best Available Control Technology, LAER = Lowest Achievable Emission Rate.
- Clean Air Interstate Rule
(CAIR) - Citing significant health and clean air benefits, EPA finalized the Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR) on March 10, 2005. This rule will result in the deepest cuts in sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) in more that a decade.
- AirControlNET - AirControlNET is a PC-based database tool for conducting pollutant emissions control strategy and costing analysis.
- Environmental Innovation - EPA is one of many organizations harnessing the power of innovation to improve environmental results. From market-based incentives to collaborative partnerships to advanced technologies, this website provides a window into some of the most important changes that are shaping a new generation of environmental policy.
- Directory of Innovative Initiatives - The Directory of Innovative Initiatives provides access to a wide range of innovations at EPA.