The 2002 SO2 Allowance Auction took place on March 25, 2002. Allowances were auctioned that could first be used in 2002 as well as in 2009. Details are provided via the links below.
- Overview of how auctions work
- Remarks from Brian McLean, Director of the Clean Air Markets Division
- Results: summary of total bids, winning bids, and prices
- Bids for the Spot Auction (Allowances first usable in 2002)
- Bids for the 7 Year Advance Auction (Allowances first usable in 2009)
- Allowances Offered By Private Allowance Holders
An Excel spreadsheet (Excel, 30K) provides the same results.