FLOW CALC Software Applications
Please note that this software is only working on data in EDR format. There is no current plan to alter the software to comply with XML format.
FLOW-CALC is a software tool developed by EPA's Clean Air Markets Division for stack testers who perform flow RATAs for units under the Acid Rain Program, the OTC NOx Budget Program and the SIP Call NOx Budget Trading Program. The software is designed to improve data quality and facilitate the entry of flow RATA data into EDR v2.1 format.
What does FLOW-CALC do?
The 1999 revisions to 40 CFR Part 75 added requirements for the electronic reporting of point data for RATAs performed using the new flow reference methods (Methods 2F, 2G, 2H) in RTs 614 and 615. The amount of point data can be very large, and entering the data into the EDR format from a RATA test report is time consuming, as well as subject to entry errors. The software will allow entry of the RATA data during the test, with evaluation features to check the data. FLOW-CALC performs all calculations and contains export features to convert the data electronically into an EDR v2.1 format. Features include:
- Data entry of calibration, reference method, and continuous emission monitor data
- Calculation of reference method and RATA results
- Evaluation of data to identify potential errors and inconsistencies
- Printing of the data in easy-to-read report formats
- Export of data into EDR v2.1 formatted files
The program supports flow RATAs performed with all EPA flow reference methods (including Methods 2, 2F, 2G and 2H).
What type of computer is needed to operate FLOW-CALC?
The program was designed for use in the field on a laptop computer with the following capabilities:
- IBM Pentium-class computer with Windows 95, 98, NT or higher level operating system
- At least 32 megabytes of RAM (64 megabytes recommended)
- Minimum 600 x 800 screen resolution (higher resolution recommended)
This software is offered for free. It may be used without any license. Documentation files are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You need the free reader to use them.
- Installation Instructions for FLOW-CALC (PDF) (2 pp., 14 K)
- FLOW-CALC Version 1.02 (exe) (Self-extracting compressed file, 2.1MB). Contains the installation files for the MDC v4.0 software.
- User's Manual for FLOW-CALC (PDF) (94 pp., 136 K)
If you have technical questions about the installation or use of the software, contact Perrin Quarles Associates, Inc., Charlottesville, Virginia, 434-979-3700, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have air pollution program implementation related questions about the software, contact John Schakenbach (Clean Air Markets Division) at (202) 343-9158 or email@example.com
To submit comments or suggestions for improvements and future development, please contact Ms. Kim Nguyen of the Clean Air Markets Division:
tel: 202-343-9102/ fax: 202-343-2357
U.S. EPA, Clean Air Markets Division (6204J)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460