Clean Air Markets
EPA's IPM Base Case v.4.10
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more about PDF, and a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
September 1, 2010 - EPA announced a Federal Register Notice of Data Availability (NODA) supporting the Proposed Transport Rule.
- NODA (PDF 3 pp)
- Proposed Transport Rule results using EPA's IPM Base Case v.4.10
- Documentation for EPA's IPM Base Case v.4.10
- National Electric Energy Data System (NEEDS) v.4.10
- Related Items
- Documentation and run results from previous Base Case
Proposed Transport Rule Results Using EPA's Base Case v.4.10
Click on the run identification number in the second column of the following table to download a zipped archive file containing:
- Detailed IPM input and output files (i.e., .DAT, System Summary Report, .RPE, .CAR, and TAC files) for the listed runs. Guide to the content of the IPM input and output files (PDF 122 KB) .
- Parsed files for the listed run and year. Whereas IPM output files report aggregated results for "model" plants (i.e., aggregates of generating units with similar operating characteristics), parsed files show IPM results at the generating unit level. Guide to the content of the parsed files (PDF 28 KB) .
IPM v.4.10 Runs and Parsed Files
IPM Run Name
IPM Run Description
TR Base Case v.4.10 (Zip 6.7 MB)
Base case model run, which includes the national Title IV SO2 cap-and-trade program; NOX SIP Call regional ozone season cap-and-trade program; and all current settlements and state rules. This run represents conditions without the proposed Transport Rule and without the rule it replaces (CAIR).
TR SB Limited Trading v.4.10 (Zip 6.8 MB)
This run models the State Budgets/Limited Trading proposed remedy described in the Transport Rule preamble.
TR Base Case AEO Gas v.4.10 (Zip 7 MB)
TR Base Case as described above, except with gas resource assumptions similar to the Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) 2010 gas resource assumptions.
TR SB Limited Trading AEO Gas v.4.10 (Zip 6.8 MB)
TR SB Limited Trading described above, except with gas resource assumptions similar to the Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) 2010 gas resource assumptions.
Documentation for EPA Base Case v.4.10
To learn more about EPA Base Case v.4.10 assumptions, updates, changes, and enhancements, see the links below.
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF 260 K)
- Chapter 2: Modeling Framework (PDF 363 KB)
- Chapter 2: Appendix 2-1 Data (Excel 12.76 MB) | Appendix 2-1 Graphics (PDF 1.76 MB)
- Chapter 3: Power System Operation Assumptions (PDF 1.27 MB)
- Chapter 3: Appendix 3-9 (Excel 1.83 MB)
- Chapter 4: Generating Resources (PDF 469 K)
- Chapter 5: Emission Control Technologies (PDF 1.26 MB)
- Chapter 5: Appendix 5-1A Wet FGD (PDF 336 KB) | Appendix 5-1B SDA FGD (PDF 314 KB) | Appendix 5-2A SCR (PDF 148 KB) | Appendix 5-2B SNCR (PDF 237 KB)
- Chapter 6: Carbon Capture, Transport and Storage (PDF 419 KB)
- Chapter 7: Set-Up Parameters and Rules (PDF 108 KB)
- Chapter 8: Financial Assumptions (PDF 135 KB)
- Chapter 9: Coal (PDF 1.31 MB)
- Chapter 9: Appendix 9-3 (Excel 149 KB) | Appendix 9-4 Data (Excel, 665 KB) | Appendix 9-4 Graphics (PDF 166 KB)
- Chapter 10: Natural Gas (PDF 1.48 MB)
- Chapter 11: Other Fuels and Fuel Emission Factors (PDF 272 KB)
- Chapter 11: Appendix 11-1 (Excel 283 KB)
National Electric Energy Data System (NEEDS) v.4.10
The National Electric Energy Data System or “NEEDS” database contains the generation unit records used to construct the "model" plants that represent existing and planned/committed units in EPA modeling applications of IPM. NEEDS includes basic geographic, operating, air emissions, and other data on these generating units. NEEDS was completely updated for Base Case v.4.10. For a description of the sources used in preparing NEEDS v.4.10, see Base Case v.4.10 Documentation, Chapter 4: Generating Resources.
- Intermediate Gas Resource Assumptions for IPM v.4.10 (PDF 16 KB)
- Planned Updates to IPM v.4.10 (PDF 22 KB)
Documentation and Run Results Using Previous Base Cases
- Integrated Planning Model (IPM)
- IPM Analysis of the Proposed Transport Rule
- Update to EPA Base Case v.3.02 EISA (PDF 38 pp)
- Other Past EPA Modeling Applications.