Clean Air Markets
Emissions Tracking Highlights
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more about PDF, and a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Annual and Long Term Data
- Quarterly Data: 2014 vs. 2015 (Quarter 1)
- Coal-fired Characteristics and Controls: 2014
- Changes in Control Technologies at Coal-Fired Units: 2000-2015
- Video tutorials of interactive motion charts
Annual Data and Long Term Data
The data presented here compare emissions, emission rates, and heat input from coal-fired power plant units in the ARP and CAIR. These files graphically and spatially compare annual emission data from 2013 with 2014 as well as presenting long-term data at the facility level. The data presented here are final data for 2013 and preliminary data for 2014.
- Table of Emissions, Emission Rates, Heat Input: 2013 vs. 2014 (Excel 214 KB)
- Table of Long-term Emission Changes: 2009 vs 2014 (PDF 129 KB)
Interactive Motion Charts:
- Annual ARP Coal-Fired SO2 Emissions, SO2 Emission Rates and Heat Input Over Time, 1990 to 2014
- Annual ARP Coal-Fired NOx Emissions, NOx Emission Rates and Heat Input Over Time, 1995 to 2014
- Annual ARP Coal-Fired CO2 Emissions, COx Emission Rates and Heat Input Over Time, 1995 to 2014
Quarterly Data: 2014 vs. 2015 (Quarter 1)The data presented here compare emissions, emission rates, and heat input from coal-fired power plant units in the ARP and CAIR. These files graphically and spatially compare quarterly emission data from 2014 with data for the same quarter from 2015. The data presented here are final for 2014 and preliminary data for 2015 that are currently under review. As data are reviewed and verified, these materials will be updated.
Coal-fired Characteristics and Controls: 2014
The data presented here provide emissions, heat input, capacity, on-line year, emission controls, program applicability, addresses, and additional identifying information for coal-fired power plant units, regardless of their inclusion in the Acid Rain Program. These files contain data current as of 2014.
The data show the percent of coal-fired units, generating capacity, and generation with advanced emission controls.
- Table of Coal Unit Characteristics: 2014 (Excel, 335 K)
- Summary of Coal Unit Controls: 2014 (PDF, 6pp., 19 K)
Changes in Control Technologies at Coal-Fired Units: 2000-2015
The following figures display where particular control technologies have been installed between 2000 to 2014 as well as what technologies EPA anticipates will be installed in 2015 based on the information obtained from major company contacts and industry sources.
The data show that more and more coal-fired units are installing advanced controls, such as scrubbers, which are dramatically reducing pollution across the country.
Video tutorial of interactive motion charts
Video Transcript (PDF) (2 pp, 34K)