March 25, 1999 Workgroup Meeting
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more about PDF, and a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Meeting on Measuring Steam Output
The March 25 meeting, held in Washington, DC, focused on how to measure steam output, particularly for industrial boilers and cogenerators. For general information about the workgroup, contact Margaret Sheppard of EPA's Acid Rain Division at (202) 564-9163 or at email@example.com.
- Meeting announcement and workgroup update (sent 3/8/99) (PDF) (3 pp., 9 K)
- Agenda (PDF) (2 pp., 6 K)
- Meeting Minutes (PDF) (6 pp., 19 K)
- "Response to EPA February 18th Issues/Questions," Mark Hall, Trigen Energy (PDF) (5 pp., 19 K)
- "The Value of Thermal Energy: the BMC Microbrewery," Mark Hall, Trigen Energy (PDF) (3 pp., 12 K)
- "Steam Metering and Telemetering," Stephan Battermann, Trigen Energy (PDF) (18 pp., 872 K)
- "Questions about Steam Measurement and Industrial Boilers," Joel Bluestein, Coalition for Gas-Based Environmental Solutions (PDF) (4 pp., 15 K)
- Comments from Mark Spurr, International District Energy Association (IDEA) (PDF) (8 pp., 28 K)
- Comments from Mark A. Gray, American Electric Power (PDF) (3 pp., 10 K)
- "Background: Difference Between Industrial and Utility Boilers," Robert Bessette, Council of Industrial Boiler Owners (PDF) (3 pp., 11 K)
- "Output Based Emissions Limitations Issues under the Energy, Clean Air, and Climate Change Federal Advisory Process," Arthur Lee, Texaco (PDF) (4 pp., 17 K)