Air Quality/Atmospheric Deposition/Ecological Resources
Staff Studies and Analyses
- Analysis of the Acid Deposition and Ozone Control Act (S. 172) (PDF) (85 pp., 3.1 MB)
- An Overview of California's Regional Clean Air Incentives Market (PDF) (29 pp., 506 K)
EPA Progress and Compliance Reports
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more about PDF, and a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- How to Measure the Effects of Acid Deposition: A Framework for Ecological Assessments, June, 2001, Clean Air Markets Division (PDF). EPA 430-R-01-005. (65 pp., 1.3 MB)
- Atmosphere in Motion, Results from the National Deposition Monitoring Networks 2005 Atlas (PDF) (50 pp., 3.2 MB)
Articles and Reports
- “A Cooperative Research Support Program of the State Agricultural Experiment Stations (NRSP-3) Federal and State Agencies and Non-Governmental Research Organizations,” National Atmospheric Deposition Program.
- “Atmospheric Deposition Program of the U.S. Geological Survey, (PDF)” (6 pp., 644 K) United States Geological Survey. 2000.
- National Acid Precipitation Assessment Report to Congress: An Integrated Assessment (PDF). (98 pp., 3 MB) August 2005.
- "Nitrogen in the Nation's Rain," (PDF) (16 pp., 935 K) A Report from the National Atmospheric Deposition Program.
- "On-line data and reports on acid rain, atmospheric deposition and precipitation chemistry,” United States Geological Survey.
- "Trends in Precipitation Chemistry in the United States, 1983-1994: An Analysis of the Effects in 1995 of Phase I of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, Title IV," Lynch, James A., Van C. Bowersox, and Jeffrey W. Grimm, U.S. Geological Survey, USGS 96-0346, Washington, DC, June 1996.
- "Valuation of Natural Resource Improvements in the Adirondacks, (PDF) " (47 pp., 1.5 MB) Banzhaf, Spencer, and Dallas Burtraw, David Evans, and Alan Krupnick, Resources for the Future, September 2004