The 2000 SO2 Allowance Auction took place on March 29, 2000. Allowances were auctioned that could first be used in 2000 as well as in 2007. A total of 53,388 allowances were sold. Details are provided via the links below.
- Overview of how auctions work
- Remarks from Brian McLean, Director of the Clean Air Markets Division
- Results: summary of total bids, winning bids, and prices
- Bids for the Spot Auction (Allowances first usable in 2000)
- Bids for the 7 Year Advance Auction (Allowances first usable in 2007)
- Allowances Offered By Private Allowance Holders
An Excel spreadsheet (Excel, 36K) containing all of the data is also available.
Another Excel spreadsheet (Excel, 6.1 MB) provides auction proceeds at the unit and plant level for each year.