Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR) Resources
Articles and Reports
- "A Multi-Pollutant Strategy - An integrated approach could prove more effective for controlling emissions." (PDF 7pp., 513K) , Sam Napolitano, Et Al. This article appears in the January, 2009 issue of Public Utilities Fortnightly www.fortnightly.com. To obtain copies and reprints, please contact Public Utilities Fortnightly directly.
- Fact Sheet on Final Clean Air Interstate Rule (PDF) (3 pp., 22 K)
- Fact Sheet on Federal Implementation Plans for the Clean Air Interstate Rule and Final Response to North Carolina's Section 126 Petition
- Fact Sheet on Inclusion of Delaware and New Jersey in Clean Air Interstate Rule
- Fact Sheet on Reconsideration of the Clean Air Interstate Rule
- Fact Sheet on EPA to Reconsider an Additional Aspect of the Clean Air Interstate Rule
- Fact Sheet on Reconsideration of Certain Aspects of the Clean Air Interstate Rule
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's About PDF page to learn more about PDF, and a link to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Presentation by Sam Napolitano to the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), February 14, 2006 (PDF) (11 pp., 6.7 MB)
- EPRI May 2, 2006 presentations
Staff Studies and Analyses
- Multipollutant Analyses
- Contributions of CAIR/CAMR/CAVR to NAAQS Attainment: Focus on Control Technologies and Emission Reductions in the Electric Power Sector (PDF), (51 pp., 7.5 MB) April 18, 2006
- Technical Support Documents for the Clean Air Interstate Rule
- Administrator Johnson’s Press Release on Multipollutant Analyses
- EPA Announces Landmark Clean Air Interstate Rule
- Federal Plan Proposed to Ensure Power Plant Pollution Cuts
Articles and Reports
- “Clean Air Act,” Environmental Literacy Group. 2006.
- “EPA Enacts Long-Awaited Rule To Improve Air Quality, Health,” Weiss, Rick. The Washington Post. March 11, 2005: A01.
- “EPA Finalizes Clean Air Interstate Rule,” National Conference of State Legislatures. 2005.