The 2001 SO2 Allowance Auction took place on March 28, 2001. Allowances were auctioned that could first be used in 2001 as well as in 2008. Details are provided via the links below.
- Overview of how auctions work
- Remarks from Brian McLean, Director of the Clean Air Markets Division
- Results: summary of total bids, winning bids, and prices
- Bids for the Spot Auction (Allowances first usable in 2001)
- Bids for the 7 Year Advance Auction (Allowances first usable in 2008)
- Allowances Offered By Private Allowance Holders
An Excel spreadsheet (Excel, 30K) provides the same results.
Another Excel spreadsheet (Excel, 6.1 MB) provides auction proceeds at the unit and plant level for each year.