Meetings and Conferences
Upcoming and Recent Conferences:
- EPA Hardrock Mining Conference 2012: Advancing Solutions for a New
April 3-5, 2012
The conference provided participants with an opportunity to examine and discuss current and future environmental issues that provide opportunities for efficient resource extraction, mine closure, and for the remediation of abandoned mines.
- National Association of Abandoned Mine Lands Programs Annual Meeting
September 23-26, 2012
Thirty-one member states and tribes comprise that National Association of Abandoned Mine Lands Programs (NAAMLP), which was established in 1983. They will be holding their annual meeting in Iowa in September 2012. For more information, please visit http://naamlp.net/
- American Society of Mining and Reclamation Annual Meeting
June 8-15, 2012
ASMR was founded in 1973 as a small West Virginia advisory council concerned with reclamation of lands that had been disturbed by coal extraction. They will be holding their annual meeting in Mississippi in 2012. For more information, please visit http://www.asmr.us/
- NGWA/U.S. EPA: Remediation of Abandoned Mine Lands Conference
Search conference presentations.
Overview of U.S. EPA’s Technical Outreach and Support Activities on Sustainable Mining Applications (PDF). (25 pp, 1MB)
This conference showcased alternative and innovative technologies for remediating abandoned mine lands.
- National Summit of Mining Communities
Butte and Anacona, MT
The 3rd Annual National Summit of Mining Communities was in 2008, in Butte and Anaconda, Montana. The Summit was created in 2006 in recognition of the diverse environmental and economic effects that mining communities experience as a result of the boom and bust cycles of mining. The format allows attendees to share information and learn about how other communities have overcome mining-related challenges and how they have moved forward with their own community planning process. View presentations from past summits.
- Mine Closure 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
The Objective of Mine Closure 2008 wass to provide a forum for industry regulators, academics, practitioners and NGO’s to exchange views on how best to ensure that closure of mine sites is achieved economically, whilst minimizing future environmental and societal impacts. For more information, please visit: http://www.mineclosure2008.org.za/
- Mine Closure 2007, October 16-19, 2007, Santiago, Chile.
First International Seminar on Mine Closure, September 13-15, 2006, Perth, Western Australia.
- Interactive Pit Lakes 2004 Conference. EPA 625-C-06-002, CD-ROM, 2006. This CD (EPA 625-C-06-002) can be ordered from EPA's National Service Center for Environmental Publications; 800-490-9198; Fax: 301-604-3408.
- Groundwater Management in Mining Areas: Proceedings of the 2nd IMAGE-TRAIN Advanced Study Course (PDF) (110 pp, 2.3MB), June 23-27, 2003, Pécs, Hungary.
- Workshop on Mining Impacted Native American Lands 2003. This CD (EPA 625-C-02-004) can be ordered from EPA's National Service Center for Environmental Publications one or 800-490-9198; Fax: 301-604-3408; E-mail: email@example.com.
- Workshop on the Fate, Transport, and Transformation of Mercury in Aquatic and Terrestrial Environments
(PDF) (14 pp, 627K), May 8 10, 2001, West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Seminar Publication: Managing Environmental Problems at Inactive and Abandoned Metals Mine Sites (PDF) (99 pp, 9.1MB), October 1996.