Ecosystems Research (Athens, GA)
EPA's Ecosystems Research promotes sustainable ecosystem health and informs decisions that support environmental protection by applying the best biological, chemical and geophysical science as the foundation for ecosystem exposure research. ERD conducts field and laboratory process investigations, and links these to modeling studies to address concerns related to the fate and transport of chemical contaminants and the environmental impacts of physical stressors.
Research In Action
- Metabolomics: Forensic tools as early indictors of wildlife exposure to chemicals
- Environmental Fate Simulator: Forecasting how chemicals move around in the environment
- Designing Urban Detention Ponds to Support Healthy Ecosystems
- Engineered Nanomaterials in the Environment
- Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment Program
- Virtual Beach: Modeling tool helps beach managers protect swimmer's health
- Disinfection Byproducts: What's in Our Drinking Water?