Where You Live
To report a smoke nuisance, contact your local or state air agency by clicking on a state or using the drop-down box below.
Many state and local air agencies are working to reduce wood smoke emissions through public education, changeout campaigns, incentives or tax credits, or in some cases, ordinances and regulations. Click on a state below or select one from the drop-down box to learn what your state or local air agency is doing to address wood smoke.
Some states do not have specific information related to wood smoke on their web sites. In those cases, we have linked to the state air agency home page or to a page closely related to wood smoke issues. You may want to search at those locations for information about "air toxics" or "particle pollution."
- Bay Area Wood-Burning
- Bay Area - Spare the Air Program
- North Coast Unified AQMD - Wood Stove Changeout Program
- Sacramento Co – The Great Changeout
- San Joaquin Co. – Wood-Burning Fireplaces, Stoves and Heaters
- Yolo-Solano AQMD – Burn Programs