Since CAMEOfm 2.0, the traditional CAMEO functionality has been split into two programs that need to be downloaded and installed separately:
- CAMEOfm is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities in your community) to assist in emergency response and planning. It is especially useful for managing data required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA). You can enter information into the CAMEO database manually and/or by importing a Tier2 Submit file (if the facilities and/or planners in your state use that program to complete Tier II forms under EPCRA).
- CAMEO Chemicals has an extensive chemical database with critical response information for thousands of chemicals, and a tool that tells you what reactions might occur if chemicals were mixed together.
The programs can be used individually or in conjunction with other programs in the software suite, such as the ALOHA hazard modeling tool and the MARPLOT mapping program. Learn more about the CAMEO software suite.
- Download CAMEOfm for Windows (Version 3.2, Nov 2015, 24.6 MB EXE)
- Download CAMEOfm for Mac (Version 3.2, Nov 2015, 51.1 MB DMG); additional Mac instructions
The Windows version requires a Windows 7 (Service Pack 1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 operating system. The Macintosh version requires a Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), or El Capitan (10.11) operating system. Operating systems not listed here have not been tested and are not supported.
Important Note for Current CAMEOfm Users: Installing a new version of CAMEOfm will overwrite the data in your current version of CAMEOfm. To ensure that your data is successfully transferred to the new version, download and read the instructions for transferring data from earlier CAMEOfm versions.
The downloadable, desktop version of CAMEO Chemicals can be run offline and share information with other CAMEO suite programs. An online version and a mobile site version of CAMEO Chemicals are also available, but they do not interact with other programs in the CAMEO suite.
- Download CAMEO Chemicals for Windows (Version 126.96.36.199, July 2015)
- Download CAMEO Chemicals for Mac (Version 2.4.2, July 2015)
Learning More About CAMEOfm and CAMEO Chemicals
For an overview of all of the suite programs, download the CAMEO Suite fact sheet (PDF) to learn how these tools can be used to assist first responders and emergency planners. (2 pp, 719 KB, About PDF)
What is new in latest version of CAMEOfm (3.2)?
- Added intersections to the Advanced Search for the Routes module
- Added new "Find Broken Links" and "Remove Broken Links" items in MARPLOT Sharing menu to help quickly resolve problems with CAMEOfm records that are linked to map objects that no longer exist in your current copy of MARPLOT
- Replaced EHS checkbox with Yes/No radio buttons
- Updated to latest FEMA resource typing definitions
- Updated to latest NAICS list (used in ID drop-down list for Facilities)
- Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2015 files
- Updated state-specific fields
- Upgraded to FileMaker 14
- Revised helps
- Made minor bugs fixes and changes
What is new in the latest version of CAMEO Chemicals (2.4.2.x)?
- Released CAMEO Chemicals 188.8.131.52 to fix bugs in the Windows version of 2.4.2 that prevented CAMEO Chemicals from being able to run offline and that caused issues with the back button.
- Added DHS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) to the regulatory information section on chemical datasheets and to the Advanced Search.
- Added several new chemical datasheets to the database to have better coverage of all the chemicals in the CFATS list.
- Updated Levels of Concern to the latest AEGLs and ERPGs.
- Updated the EPA regulatory information to the 2015 List of Lists.
- Updated Tychem® suit fabric information from DuPont.
- Updated Hazardous Materials Table information shown on the UN/NA datasheets.
- Updated list of ALOHA-selectable chemicals to match ALOHA 5.4.5.
- Revised helps.
- Made additional minor changes and bug fixes.
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing the RMP Reporting Center (RMPRC@epacdx.net), or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.