Careers and Internships
Looking for an internship?
Want USAJobs.gov to send you an email whenever an attorney job vacancy is posted?
- Sign in to USAJobs.gov or create an account. Once you have done that...
- Go to USAJobs's Search Jobs page.
- Click on “Occupational Series or Job Category”, then in the “Search for Occupation” box, type “attorney”.
- Check the box next to 0905 ? Attorney.
- Then click on "Department and Agency"
- Under “Choose Department”, select "Other Agencies and Independent Organizations"
- Under "Refine your agency choice", select "Environmental Protection Agency" then click the "Add" button
- If you want to further narrow your search at this point, select location, work schedule, etc.
- Click on the “Search Jobs” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then see the current results of your search.? To save the search, click on the “Save this Search” button.? You will be taken back to the Search Jobs page.? Scroll to the bottom and you will see the “Save this search” information:
- Name your search.
- Select how often you want to receive emails.?? Check "Daily" since many positions may only be open for two weeks.
- Then click on the “Save Search” or “Save and View Results” button.
Our attorneys work on cutting-edge legal issues, are given extraordinary responsibility early in their careers, and even at an early stage in their careers, are recognized as legal experts.
EPA attorneys work in these EPA offices:
- the Office of General Counsel (OGC) at EPA headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- the Offices of Regional Counsel in our ten regional offices located throughout the nation;
- the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance at headquarters; and
- program offices located in Washington and in our regional offices.
Note that most but not all jobs are posted on USAJobs.gov. Unlike almost all other EPA jobs, there is no requirement for attorney jobs announcements to be published on USAJobs.gov. While most offices that hire attorneys use USAJobs.gov, some offices might prefer to receive application materials on a rolling basis, and may contact you if/when a position becomes available.
To maximize your chances of finding out about all EPA legal job opportunities, review the information on the links below, and check USAJobs.gov periodically.