Executive Order on Improving Chemical Facility Safety and Security
On August 1, 2013, the Executive Order on Improving Chemical Facility Safety and Security directed the Federal Government to:
- improve operational coordination with state and local partners;
- enhance Federal agency coordination and information sharing;
- modernize policies, regulations and standards; and
- work with stakeholders to identify best practices.
For more information, please see:
- Executive Order Progress Update: February 2014
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Executive Order Website
- Department of Homeland Security’s Chemical Security Information Website
For questions about the Executive Order, please email the Executive Order Working Group (Eo.email@example.com).
Comments may also be submitted through the docket (DHS-2013-0075) at: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=DHS-2013-0075-0001.
Webinars on Executive Order 13650
Webinar: Introduction to Executive Order 13650. This pre-recorded community Webinar provides an introduction to the Executive Order (EO) 13650, highlights federal agencies involved in the EO and the primary regulations pertaining to the EO, discusses local government involvement, and community involvement. Comments from the community participants are also included.
Additional Executive Order Materials
Technical Assistance Services for Communities (TASC)
Community Webinar on Executive Order 13650: Chemical Facility Safety & Security
- Glossary (2 pp, 73K, about PDF)
- Resources for more information and submitting comments (2 pp, 121K, about PDF)
Ammonium Nitrate Chemical Advisory
On August 30, 2013, EPA, the OSHA and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) issued a chemical advisory that provides information on the hazards of ammonium nitrate (AN) storage, handling and management. The advisory provides lessons learned for facility owners, operators, emergency planners and first responders from recent incidents involving AN.