Steering Committee and Planning Notes
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The U.S. EPA Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT) entered into a Cooperative Agreement with the Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA) to organize the "Characterizing Chemicals in Commerce" conference. To develop a conference of the highest quality, OPPT and NEWMOA created a steering committee to provide critical input. The steering committee consisted of representatives from states and local public health and environmental agencies; various EPA HQ and regional offices; industry and trade associations; universities; labor organizations; tribal representatives; and non-governmental organizations.
- List of Conference Steering Committee Members (6 pp., 15 KB)
The steering committee helped:
- Develop the conference theme
- Develop the conference agenda
- Identify potential presenters and solicit responses to the call for presentations
- Review responses to the call for presentations and identify selected presentations
- Publicize the conference and encourage registration
- Provide advice on a series of special research papers and presentations on HPV data use
Steering committee meeting notes are available below: